Re: [squid-users] Squid modification help

From: Jason M. Kusar <jason@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 22:55:02 -0500

First of all, have you looked at the programmers guide on the website? It's
a liitle out of date I believe, but it shows the process a request takes.

Second, unless you're using a 14.4K modem as your connection, squid can
probably have the content by the time the user sees any message telling them
that the content is being fetched. Also, unless your talking large files, I
don't think there would be much point to reporting the status of a fetch to
the client. Or are you talking about just using squid to cache large files
say from an ftp site?

Perhaps a little more info would help.

Cheers,
--Jason