[squid-users] HTTP requests

From: Bilal <by@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:21:49 -0000

Hi,
I would like to know how Squid handles a socket connection with a user
after the connection has been established. I'm assuming that Squid uses
the same socket to handle the requests and responses to all the objects
that make up a web page. For example, if a user requests URL A and this
page consists of text and graphics, then is the same socket used to
handle all the requests and responses for this page?

How does Squid know that all the objects have been requested and that
the socket should be closed? What determines this?

Is it possible for a user to request URL B, and this URL is handled via
the same socket as URL A was? How does Squid take care of this?

Thanks