Re: [squid-users] Blocking Mirc and ICQ via Squid

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 Feb 2003 22:31:28 +0100

Most of these use the CONNECT method, and should be quite effective
filtered by the default CONNECT restrictions of the suggested default
squid.conf configuration..

If you find something that you want to block but is not blocked then a
good start is to take a look at what is logged in access.log when the
application is used. Then make an acl which matches the appropriate
pattern and block this, if a suitable pattern can be found.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden