Re: [squid-users] ntlm questions

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 04:23:16 +0100

In all configurations you need some kind of http_access rules telling
what access rules you want to apply. If your http_access rules never
makes use of authentication (via a proxy_auth acl type or an external
acl type with %LOGIN in the format specification) then authentication
will not be required..

As for the wb_group question: Make sure that you copy the correct
headers from Samba to each of the winbind helpers, as the winbind
headers shipped with Squid only works with Samba-2.2.4 and 2.2.5... This
applies to all three native winbind helpers shipped with Squid

   helpers/basic_auth/wb_auth/
   helpers/ntlm_auth/wbntlm_auth/
   helpers/external_acl/wb_group/