Re: [squid-users] Forwarding IPs

From: Jason M. Kusar <dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:46:16 -0500

I've actually been looking into the same thing. The forwarded_for directive
on the first proxy is part of the equation. But you need the second proxy
to read this header rathar than the origin IP. There is a set of patches
for squid 3 available here:
http://devel.squid-cache.org/projects.html#follow_xff

Of course squid 3 is not recommended for production use. I've been looking
at the patches to see what it will take to convert them for 2.5. I haven't
had a whole lot of time lately, but I hope to get around to it soon. Of
course, if the author of the patches is reading this list, perhaps he could
release his private set of 2.4 patches which would probably work with 2.5
with very little modification.

--Jason