Re: [squid-users] WEBSweeper and Squid

From: Cliff Barnes <c.barnes@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:56:54 +0100

Hi!

I´ve also a virusscanner to scan http, ftp and smtp. In this scanner
(Viruswall for Linux) there is an option to "tickle" the browser: if 100KB
is sent, there is 1KB given to the browser, to prevent timeouts. Perhaps
there is a setting like that in websweeper?
And this works in the order:

Internet -> Viruswall -> SQUID -> User

They had also a little window that shows the progress, but not in newer
versions. To swap the order was for me a bad feeling, I would like to block
bad content on the first gate, you never know...

Ciao
Cliff