Re: [squid-users] Hardware requirements

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 12 Feb 2003 17:46:43 +0100

I assume this is normal office users, not DSL cable home users or such.

What you need to calculate on is the number of concurrent users you have
who is accessing the Internet "right now".

For a population of 1000 office users a fairly standard lowend/midsize
PC by todays standars with 2 IDE drives should work very well (more is
better)..

You probably want about 512MB of memory to be able to have a decent
cache size in such configuration (more is better).

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden