[squid-users] Re: Avoiding file attachments in webmail services

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 03:10:28 +0100

Please use the squid-users mailinglist for configuration questions.
squid-bugs is for reporting bugs.

Not easily. The attached filename is not part of any URL or even HTTP
headers seen by Squid.. The file is encapsulated inside a
multipart/formdata POST request entity.

What you can do is to block multipart/formdata request mime types, but
this may also block some other forms which happens to use this type even
if they do not have a file upload control.

Another alternative is to have a noticeable size limitation on POST
requests.