Re: [squid-users] help, my squid works slowly

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:42:11 +0100

This is not actually related to each other.

If you are inside a firewall and must use a parent to reach the Internet
then you must tell Squid that it must not attempt to go directly to the
origin server. See the Squid FAQ.

This does not stop other peers from being used, it only stops Squid from
thinking that it can bypass the parent when Squid thinks using parents
makes no sense for the type of request (such as POST).