Re: [squid-users] Authentication Squid in NDS (Novell)

From: Tim Bernhardson <TBERNHAR@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:32:29 -0800

Mauricio:

The only problem I know of with passwords and LDAP is a setting in Novell NDS that requires them to be encrypted (and there are 2 ways to handle this: 1 - turn off the setting, 2 - use the Squid LDAP modules and stunnel).

There have been several emails over the last month or so detailing both options.

Otherwise your option is to acquire the appropriate Novell SDK's and write your own...or you may be able to crowbar something in using the Caldera Linux Client (see: http://www.caldera.com/support/docs/openlinux/netware/linuxclient/)

Tim Bernhardson
Senior Technical Engineer
Certified Citrix Metaframe Administrator
Certified CyberGuard Administrator
Certified AIX 4.3 System Administrator
Sun-Maid Growers of California
7273 Murray Drive, Ste 18
Stockton, CA 95210

tbernhar@sunmaid.com

>>> "Mauricio Pegoraro" <mauricio.pegoraro@adprs.com.br> 02/13/03 09:56AM >>>
Hi.

I need (desperately) make my Squid authenticate against NDS. It can't be LDAP, it can't be bindery, must be NDS only (TCP/UDP 524 or IPX). I've been looking for it for some time and found nothing.
My Squid 2.5.stable1 runs in a FreeBSD 4.7-stable box.

(I'll be able to use LDAP in the future, but I don't know when (some problems with passwords said the Netware admin)).

Thanks for any information.

MaurícioWP.

   Maurício Westendorff Pegoraro
   Analista de Suporte - Segurança