Re: [squid-users] R: [squid-users] R: [squid-users] Client Computer Name in access.log

From: Jason M. Kusar <dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 07:56:57 -0500

You may be able to do this, but this really has nothing to do with squid
finding the name. You need REVERSE DNS. This is set up totally independent
of normal DNS. Reverse DNS allows you to map IP addresses back to names.
If your computers are on a private network, you can set this up for yourself
using bind or some other DNS server. If you are on a public network, you
need to talk to your ISP about getting reverse DNS set up for your IP
addresses.

--Jason