Re: [squid-users] ssl in accelerator

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:30:32 +0100

Emilio Casbas wrote:

> Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
> >Emilio Casbas wrote:
> >

> >>i can use the https_port directive successfully, i.e. i use squid as a
> >>ssl gateway:
> >>
> >>client ------> (https) -------> Squid ------> (http) ------> origin server
> >> Accelerator
> >>
> >>is it possible to use encrypted connections between both ways?
> >>(squid and origin server), I don' think so, but, why?.
> >>

> >Squid-2.5.STABLE does not know how to initiate SSL connections.
> >
> >This will be possible in Squid-3.
> >
> >The functionality is also available as a patch to Squid-2.5 from
> >http://devel.squid-cache.org/
> >

> Thanks Henrik!
>
> but...
> I have seen is that the redirector
> (I use a redirector in accel) gets an http:// url instead of an
> https:// url); How I can do for the redirector gets an https:// url ?
> It's possible ?

This will be addressed in Squid-3.0 if not already adressed in the SSL
update patch.. (I think it is not in the SSL update).

What you can do now is to use "httpd_accel_port virtual". This will make
Squid use the port number it received the requests on in the URL,
allowing redirectors to differentiate between which port the request was
received on.