[squid-users] squid not picking up ipfw redirected requests

From: Peter Brezny <pbrezny@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:19:45 -0500

Greetings everyone,

I'm having difficulty getting squid to pickup redirected packets.

Squid works fine when I configure my browser to use the proxy.

I've followed the instructions in:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-17.html for the ipfw freebsd install.

My squid server is not the firewall/gateway system, but one on another ip
network on the internal LAN.

lan-+-ipfw:gw---internet

Squid Server

ipfw:gw has:
ipfw add fwd squid.ip tcp from not sqiud.ip to any 80
just before my divert rule for natd.

squid server has
ipfw add fwd 127.0.0.1:3128 tcp from not squid.ip to any 80

squid.conf has:
http_port 3128
httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 80
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

But the squid system just doesn't seem to pick up the packets that get
forwarded to it (no entries in squid access.log or store.log). I know they
are landing on the system and getting forwarded to the squid port (I can
watch the ipfw rule increment with ipfw show) but I get no return packet to
the browser on the LAN.

Any ideas here?

TIA

Peter Brezny