[squid-users] Customised error message not appearing

From: Peter Oram <poram@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 16:57:52 +1100

I have configured my squid.conf file with the following:

acl ACL_LIST url_regex "/opt/local/squid/etc/filename"
deny_info ERR_message ACL_LIST
http_access deny ACL_LIST all
error_directory /opt/local/squid/etc/errors

I then stopped and restarted squid on my proxyserver.

When I access a site listed in filename of ACL_LIST, instead of getting the
ERR_message page, I get the ERR_ACCESS_DENIED page. All the above is what
is described in the FAQ pages of squid-cache.org. Is there some other step
that needs to be performed for the customised page to appear?

Peter Oram
PC & Unix admin
eKit.com Pty Ltd