Re: [squid-users] Content analysis

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 18 Feb 2003 20:03:43 +1100

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 19:31, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 February 2003 08.46, Robert Collins wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 11:00, Chris Monson wrote:
> >
> > I'd suggest you work with squid-3, it's got an interface for
> > hooking into the client side - clientStreams.
> >
> > Also, the "send" routines are probably the closest fit for your
> > needs, in squid 2.5 and below.
>

> I'd recommend to also look into the Squid ICAP client project as a
> generic method of plugging in external content inspection and
> filtering to Squid. For more information see
> http://devel.squid-cache.org/ and the ICAP links from there.

Be careful to note:
squid 2.5 is stable
squid 3 is about to go into pre-release mode
the icap patch is a development patch, not reviewed or integrated into
HEAD yet.

Thus: you will need to assess the risk/reward of the approach you
choose.

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.