Re: [squid-users] MAC bacsed ACL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 18 Feb 2003 17:36:34 +0100

Why are you using MAC based ACLs? MAC based acls are technically NOT
more secure than IP based ACLs, only more complex to define as each MAC
address is 12 hex numbers..

200 MAC addresses is not very many for Squid to manage. To ease
management I would recommend putting them in a separate file and include
this from squid.conf if you have not already done so.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden