Re: [squid-users] No disk cache: cache_mem or TMPFS?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:58:52 +0100

A bit of both is probably the most suitable. But it depends on the
size distribution of your objects. If mainly small objects then
cache_mem is sufficient.

Note: to use more than ca 1-1.5GB of cache_mem you need to build Squid
as a 64 bit application. Using tmpfs does not have such limitations
for 32 bit applications from what I know.