Re: [squid-users] Unsupported Methods Found on cache.log

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 09:00:34 +0100

SSCR Internet Admin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im having lots of this on cache.log - unsupported method 'MachineId:..
> blahblah...' and followed by ClientReadRequest : FD36 Invalid Request, and
> if it continues i got FATAL : Recevied Segmentation Fault.. Dying...
>
> Can anyone pinpoint me to a direction where i can fix this prob?

 Which version of squid are you using ?
 On which platform/os/version ?

 It is related to http clients bombarding squid with unknown request
types.
 Not an intrinsic squid problem.

 Provided this is not a real bogus webclients you my add methods
 using the

  extension_methods

 directive in squid.conf

 But it would be advisable to check first which client's are causing
this
 and what the application that talks to squid is really trying to do.
 Because it seems in this case that some corruption occurs in a request
 made to squid.

 M.