[squid-users] Interception caching/proxying and delay pools

From: Illia Baidakov <illich@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:02:51 +0300

Hello, squid-users.
I heve configured squid-2.5s1 to support delay pools for my intranet
clients. IPFW redirects all their requests to 80 tcp port to squid including
the ones dedicated to any local virtual servers (under Apache in my case).
Suppose they located on the same box where Squid runs too. In such a case
all traffic from local web sites squid puts in delay pools. How me avoid it
and do not suffer delays in local web traffic, keeping an interception
proxying and delay pools to/from internet?

The way I see seems a little curved:
What if every virtual host will be dubbed by another one with the same
content but running on anothe port say 8008 where apache will listen too.
Any dns requests are resolved by internal dns servers (using box where squid
and apache run as forwarder). Any local http requests internal Ms IIS
redirects to the needed host and port 8008 avoiding interception by suqid.
What do think about this decision?

Best regards,
Illia Baidakov.