RE: [squid-users] Squid Stores caches based on ips?

From: Thiago Lima <thiagolima@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:40:04 -0300

        Put a private dns server, but then after a little while squid
stops responding requests. Looking into the FAQ i found that I should
use the dnsserver program. So I recompiled squid using todays version
(CVS snapshop) with the --without-internal-dns parameter.

        When I start squid I receive a warning from dnshelper saying
that -s option is not supported. -s seens its the option that squid uses
to pass to dnsserver program the dns_nameservers option. And -s is not
suported in current version of dnsserver. I got "-s is not supported on
this resolver".

        I can't change the resolv.conf in that machine to point to this
private DNS because other applications would start using it. And I can't
use hosts file because I have too many entries (more than a 1000) and
I'm afraid that lookups will be slow.

Thanks alot again,
Thiago lima.