Re: [squid-users] cache_mem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 20:58:32 +0100

On Thursday 20 February 2003 14.36, Mihalis Tsoukalos wrote:
> Thanks very much for the info.
>
> I installed cache manager (very easy).
> Please tell me, in the "Memory Utilization" link, which field or
> fields are going to tell me the total amount of RAM that squid
> uses?

The "General Runtime Information" page is a better place to start.

- Amount of RAM squid uses can be found under "Memory usage for squid
via mallinfo".

- Amount of cache_mem Squid uses can be found under "Cache information
for squid".

The "Memory Utilization" page is interesting if you want to figure out
for what purposes Squid is using the memory it is using, for example
if you find that Squid is using much more memory than you think it
should.

> I suppose that those fields are dynamic. Is there any way to ask
> for a specific value _only_ via a web link?

For this purpose there is the SNMP interface.