Re: [squid-users] Heavy load

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 21:28:14 +0100

Are you using aufs?

If you are then the load average is not a very good measure of load..
better to measure the amount of idle CPU time, system throughput, and
response times.

It is possible that the aufs performance fixes simply have made your
server work even better, giving a higher load average. It could also
be the case that the performance fixes actually have a negative
impact on your system performance but we hope not. (any negative
impact is more likely to be seen on a SMP system, or a UP system with
a SMP enabled kernel, if at all)