Re: [squid-users] advanced caching question!!

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 15:13:48 -0600

Just a thought...

There are subscription services that do this with some level of
intelligence. They aren't terribly cheap, but they probably provide a
higher hit ratio than what you're proposing. Cidera is one such
service, and I think most of their competitors have left the field.
(Cidera doubled their rates about a year ago, and so I no longer know
anyone using the service--I can't say what the service is like these days.)

You might consider just using a more aggressive caching policy, to
increase your hit ratios...Even increasing the default refresh_pattern
to use 50% instead of 20% for 'guessed' expiry makes a noticeable
different in hit rates without a huge freshness drop.

If you still need what you're asking for, you'll need to do some coding.
     It isn't a trivial 'feature'.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.