Re[3]: [squid-users] problems with squid

From: Vytautas Kaziukonis <bonka@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:22:36 +0100

Hello Vytautas,

VK> Hello Henrik,

VK> Thursday, February 20, 2003, 9:22:29 PM, you wrote:

HN>> On Thursday 20 February 2003 16.16, Marc Elsen wrote:

>>> And so TCP ECN is off ?
>>>
>>> Any further errors in cache.log ?
>>>
>>> Check system logs for networking errors :
>>>
>>> % dmesg
>>>
>>> Check /var/log/messages , watch for weird system stuff.
>>>
>>> Is SQUID behind a firewall of some sort ?

HN>> And is Squid configured as a normal proxy with proxy settings in the
HN>> browsers, or using transparen interception of port 80?

HN>> If transparent interception, what configuration have you done to
HN>> squid.conf?

HN>> Regards
HN>> Henrijk

VK> no squid is configured without transparent proxy. Dns settings seems
VK> to be ok. This is one of the common error messages:
VK> (This is output of IE, after i type to enter some web site.)

VK> The requested URL could not be retrieved
VK> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VK> While trying to retrieve the URL: [no URL]
VK> The following error was encountered:
VK> Read Timeout

.. sorry for one more message.. this is what my store.log shows. I
guess something is wrong here

1045756161.954 RELEASE -1 FFFFFFFF D677F6C75F811EABF04FC7E07894B6CE 504 1045756161 0 1045756161 text/html 1079/1317 GET http://www.imesh.com/newws/Artist_januarysun.gif
1045751868.678 SWAPOUT 00 00000308 D7162EC097B029528CE2078E583F34CC 200 1045755856 1045165546 -1 image/jpeg 1730/1730 GET http://www.imesh.com/newws/Artist_5parkdrive.jpg
1045751868.829 RELEASE -1 FFFFFFFF 7E72B0159318470426F694535CD789F6 304 1045730604 -1 -1 unknown -1/0 GET http://content.imesh.com/promos/netflip2.js

I noticed, that images, which squid doesn't open has a minus size .:/

--
Best regards,
 Vytautas                            mailto:bonka@tiltas.lt