Re: [squid-users] Connection Failed

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:07:55 +0100

Squid returns this message when the connection is refused by the
requested web server. Common reasons is if the web server is simply
not running or is overloaded.

It may also be seen if the ISP is running a proxy which is refusing
the connections, possibly due to overload at the ISP proxy..

The message can also sometimes be caused by broken firewalls
misdetecting the perfectly valid connection request as a hacker.. If
you have upgraded your RedHat 6.2 to use a Linux-2.4 kernel then see
the Squid FAQ for a longer discussion. If this is the problem then if
shows up for certain sites and those sites can never be reached via
the proxy but seems to work when connecting directly.