Re: [squid-users] Go direct if parent dies

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 21 Feb 2003 14:32:42 +0100

fre 2003-02-21 klockan 11.29 skrev Christoph Haas:

> I had expected that each request to a public web server would go to the
> parent. Unfortunately it does not but goes "DIRECT" at every request.
> The only way to make squid ask the parent proxy seems to be using a
> "never_direct" statement. As far as I understand that's not the way it
> is meant to work.

Then your Squid is probably not happy about your parents for one reason
or another. Usually this is seen on an incorrect ICP configuration.

Try configuring the parents without ICP (no-query cache_peer option).

Another possibility is if you have only tested by using the reload
button.. the reload button asks Squid to bypass the cache which will
also make it bypass parents..

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden