Fw: [squid-users] network design

From: Rodney Richison <rodney@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 01:56:15 -0600

> >A hosts file should take care of this as well.

 I'm rather new to linux. I tested the nt port first, then ditched windows
and went with redhat. The windows port had an entry for the host_file.

 I entered my info in the /etc/hosts to no avail and after finding no entry
 in the linux version for host_file I discover it uses internal dns and
won't
 do a hosts file. (Tell me if I'm all mixed up here). Not having compiled a
 linux program before, and having it working so very well right now.. I'm
 leary of attempting to recompile. But, in the end, would that be the best
 thing to do and disable the internal dns?