Re: [squid-users] How does squid allocate its bandwidth?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 11:59:08 +0100

mån 2003-02-24 klockan 06.20 skrev Anthony Giggins:
> If user A is downloading and taking 100% of the bandwidth pipe and then user
> B wants to download a file does squid split the available bandwidth between
> them equally or allows user A to continue using 100% of the bandwidth pipe,
> or what?

This is regulated by TCP, just as it is when you are not using a proxy.
If you want to further regulate how Squid allocates bandwidth to users
see delay pools.

> This email is confidential and may contain confidential and/or copyright
> material of SynergyIT. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
> us immediately and delete all copies of this message.

I hereby notify your that I have received confidential information from
you, and as I cannot tell if I am the intended recipient of your message
you are required to delete this response IMMEDIATELY upon receiving
before reading and notify your boss that you have send confidential
information outside your organization.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden