Re: [squid-users] All redirector processes are busy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Feb 2003 16:03:40 +0100

mån 2003-02-24 klockan 13.29 skrev Jeff Donovan:

> > You are running on a newer SMP Apple machine, right?
>
> okay you got me. what's a SMP apple machine?

An Apple computer with more than one processor.

> No I haven't considered it.
> I would like to compare benchmarks and or system setup with anyone else
> who is running squid and Squidguard on an OSX box.

Not sure there has been any serious benchmarks of Squid on OSX.. from
what I have heard is lacks both IPC or threads as required for using the
diskd(needs IPC) or aufs(needs kernel threads) cache_dir types, and to
make any form of Squid performer one of the two is needed...

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden