[squid-users] Re: Transparent Proxying on Solaris 8 with no HOST header

From: Gary Price \(ICT\) <gprice@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 06:47:37 +1000

---- Original question
I am trying to get transparent proxying to work on Solaris 8 in the case
where there is no HOST header in a request.
The ioctl call to read the original destination IP address fails with
"invalid parameter".

---- Henrik wrote:
This is mainly a queston to the IP-Filter developers on how to make
their interface 64/32 bits compatible. In Squid we just make use of
IP-Filter if available via the interface provided by IP-Filter, and if
this interface does not work then Squid cannot use it.

To compile Squid as 64 bit see your compiler manual on how to compile
applications as 64 bit, then adjust the Squid build process accordingly
either by setting CFLAGS when running configure (see configure --help)
or by editing the generated Makefiles afterwards.

---------- Follow-up question

I built my squid 2.3 in 64-bits and the transparent proxying with no HOST
header (IPF_TRANSPARENT) worked.
Is anyone else running 64-bit squid on Solaris?

Thanks
Gary Price
ICT