Re: [squid-users] windows updates

From: Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:11:39 +0000

--On 25 February 2003 14:38 -0600 Rodney Richison <rodney@rcrcomputing.com>
wrote:

> Windows updates behind transparent proxy keeps saying no updates
> available, yet when I enter the proxy settings manually in "lan
> settings", the update comes right away. Fix?
>
> Highest Regards,
>
> Rodney

I've noticed a 'similar' thing here - going to the Windows Update page
takes ages, and you finally get a "You need a new component to scan for
updates" - which you elect to download (and it takes ages) - only to throw
you back to "You need a new component to scan for updates" [ad infinitum].
Turn the proxy off, and it's an order of magnitude quicker, and you don't
get caught in the loop.

Knowing our setup here, I'd guess it's over anonimity by the proxy - so I'm
going to make sure theres no headers being stripped by Squid that perhaps
should be there (or at least try it when it's not removing anything) - does
your proxy strip anything out headers / anonimity wise?

-Kp