[squid-users] winbind still!

From: Simon Bryan <sbryan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:39:45 +1100

I have been busy testing and crashing my Squid setup (wish I had a test
box!)

I think one of the issues has been in smb.conf "use default domain" it was
set to "yes", now that it is set to "no" when i do a wbinfo -u I get
domain\username instead of just username.

It also seems to have had an impact on squid as whenever I activate a
http_access rule with a group squid dies instantly with this in the logs, I
tried a google search but the only pahe that metions this error was in
Russian! It seems that it is actually doing something now as before it
seemed to just ignore those lines altogether.

Any ideas anyone:

Feb 27 11:59:43 kirk squid[30144]: assertion failed: authenticate.c:618:
"auth_user_request != NULL"
Feb 27 11:59:43 kirk squid[29965]: Squid Parent: child process 30144 exited
due to signal 6
Feb 27 11:59:43 kirk squid[29965]: Exiting due to repeated, frequent
failures

BTW Samba 2.2.5 and Squid nightly snapshot from 26/02/2003 and relevant conf
sections below:

auth_param ntlm program /usr/local/squid/libexec/wb_ntlmauth
auth_param ntlm children 20
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes

auth_param basic program /usr/local/squid/libexec/wb_auth
auth_param basic children 5
auth_param basic realm OOOPS Something is wrong!!!
auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours

authenticate_ip_ttl 90 seconds

external_acl_type NT_global_group %LOGIN /usr/local/squid/libexec/wb_group
acl winauth external NT_global_group wwwusers
acl staff external NT_global_group Teachers
acl students external NT_global_group Students
acl admins external NT_global_group Domain Admins
authenticate_ttl 1 hour
authenticate_ip_ttl 300 seconds

acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access deny !password

#http_access deny !winauth
#http_access deny students webmail Enabling any of theses lines gives the
error above
#http_access deny students webmail2
#http_access deny students TEST

Simon Bryan