[squid-users] cache_peer option

From: Ben White <mompopiah@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:46:17 +0800 (CST)

Hi all,

How do I tell squid to redirect requests to the
other cache on my network if squid cannot fulfill a
client's URL requests ?

My company has a network link to our HQ. So if squid
can redirect the request to the other cache on my
network, my users will be able to access HQ's web
servers/intranet.

I have the lines below in my squid.conf, but it is
not working as expected.

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl myNet src 10.0.0.0/255.255.255.0
cache_peer 10.x.x.x parent 8080 0 no-query
cache_peer_access 10.x.x.x allow myNet
cache_peer_access 10.x.x.x deny all

The cache.log shows :
http://webmaster.HQ.com is ALLOWED, because it
matched 'all'

However, after a long wait, the client's browser
would pop :

There was no response. The server could be down or
is not responding.

Thanks for your help.