Re: [squid-users] wb_group & wbinfo_group.pl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:05:29 +0100

On Friday 28 February 2003 10.52, lderuaz@free.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using samba 2.2.7 and squid 2.5-stable1.
> I need that only people belonging to specific NT groups can have
> access to the intranet, or our intranet,...
>
> I've failed to make it work with wb_group as external helper, but
> it is running fine with wbinfo_group.pl

See the Squid FAQ for instructions on how to make the Squid winbind
helpers if using Samba-2.2.7. You probably want to try with a current
2.5.STABLE nightly snapshot (or 2.5.STABLE2 when released).

> Is there any impact to use this helper rather than wb_group ?

Should work fine.

> What are the main difference between these two helpers ?

The internal implementation is very different.

The functionality is mostly the same.