[squid-users] Re: I HAVE PROBLEM IN AUTHENTICATE MODE YET

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 10:10:53 +0100

On Sunday 02 March 2003 07.42, zeinali wrote:
> IF POSSIBLE PLS KINDLY HELP ME TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM
> dear sir
> i installed redhat 8.0 in cutomize mode and then selected squid
> check box, after that in squid.conf i set the following line:
> acl passwd proxy_auth REQUIRED
> http_access allow passwd
> http_access deny all
> authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /usr/etc/passwd
>
> as you know in squid.conf there is a comment that i should be used
> %make
> %make install in ../auth_modules/NCSA to creat ncsa_auth but i
> dont have any location with thats name but i have just ncsa_auth in
> the /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth .is it enough or not?

these instructions applies how to install Squid or auth modules from
source. You are installing a prebuild binary packaged for you by
RedHat, where RedHat have decided which components of Squid should be
included.

> i use htpasswd -cmdps /usr/etc/passwd (username) to generate user
> and passw

ncsa_auth expects passwords in crypt() format only, and does not
understand MD5 hashes..