Re: [squid-users] Custom Error Pages with images

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 10:20:47 +0100

On Sunday 02 March 2003 04.38, Gary Price \(ICT\) wrote:

> I use transparent proxying. I tried to provide a custom GIF image
> on error pages by using a URL as you describe, and editing the
> error pages so they contain the image tags. However, the images are
> proxied. If the proxy says "access denied" the images is not
> available to the user, and so do not display. As a result of this
> problem I simply removed my custom images. You seem to be
> contradicting what I observed.

As I said: request for icons is under http_access restrictions like
any other requests.

If you do not have a rule which allows access to the icons the user
will not be allowed access.

Note: It is NOT sufficient to just add the icon in the icons
directory. You must also tell Squid about it by adding a fake line in
mime.conf.

> While I was doing this I added some extra % tags to the replacement
> on the error pages, and some corresponding tags in squid.conf. That
> made it easier to make the changes.
>
> I guess it would be possible not to apply the access controls to
> the images used for the error pages.

why not?