RE: [squid-users] SSL and directed HTTP proxy

From: Lightfoot.Michael <Lightfoot.Michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:37:02 +1100

Have they set the "secure" option to the name and listening port of your
proxy? Check under tools --> connections --> LAN Settings --> Advanced
and see if all the settings except socks are set to the above. For
example, if your proxy is proxy.burble.org.au and the listening port is
8080 then "HTTP:", "Secure:", "FTP:" and "Gopher:" should all have
proxy.burble.org.au in the "Proxy address to use" field and 8080 in the
"Port" field. The "Socks:" entry should be empty (blank) unless you are
using a socks server.

All the above will automagically happen if you fill in the "HTTP:" entry
only and tick the "Use the same proxy server for all protocols" or if
you just fill out the "Address:" and "Port:" fields in the LAN settings
page after ticking the "Use a proxy server..." box under proxy server.

Michael Lightfoot
Unix Consultant
ISG Host Systems
Comcare
+61 2 62750680
Apologies for the rubbish that follows...
NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use or
disclose any information in the message or attachments. If received in
error, please notify the sender by return email immediately. Comcare
does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.