RE: [squid-users] Redirector not working in squid rpm Redhat 7.3

From: Rick Matthews <RedHat.Linux@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:51:58 -0600

> The only thing I can see in the squidguard.log is where I've tested
> it locally and db updates so this further confirms my theory that
> squid isn't redirecting to it?

If squidGuard writes entries in squidGuard.log when you are testing
it but doesn't write log entries when it is started by Squid, it's
probably an ownership/permissions issue. Your squidGuard log
directory must be writable by Squid's cache_effective_user and
cache_effective_group. My squidGuard log directory is owned by Squid's
user and group.

If squidGuard cannot write to the log directory it goes into emergency
mode and approves everything.

Rick