[squid-users] FTP password prompt

From: Leonardo Arena <linux.ml@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 12:06:09 +0100

I am trying to logon into a FTP site which requires autentication using Mozilla 1.2.1. Entering the URL ftp://username@ftp.site.com/ I receive the following error message: ---- An FTP authentication failure occurred while trying to retrieve the URL: _the_URL_ Squid sent the following FTP command: PASS <yourpassword> and then received this reply User _username_ cannot log in. ---- Looking at the packets with tcpdump it appears that it sends the USER and PASS command. Reading the FAQ 5.9 I understand that I should be prompted for a password. Why I'm not? Is there any setting I should check in my squid.conf file? N.B. I do not use any proxy_auth. If I try ftp://username@password:ftp.site.com I can successfully log on. Leonardo Arena