Re: [squid-users] Newbie to squid

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:56:33 +0100

Gary Hostetler wrote:

> I am new to squid. I just installed the stable version and I have a few
> questions. I do the ps -aux | grep squid but nothing returns. If I go to the
> squid program itself it tells me command not found. What am I doing wrong
> here? I did the ./configure make and make install to compile etc.

 If the ps command returns nothing then this mostly means
 that squid is not running.

 '... command not found...

 Please elaborate; preferrably post some cut and paste output
 for what you tried (screen lists).
 (not too long pls)

 M.

--
 'Time is a consequence of Matter thus
 General Relativity is a direct consequence of QM