RE: [squid-users] can squid perform authentication without prompting users for usernames and passwds ?

From: Lightfoot.Michael <Lightfoot.Michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 13:55:37 +1100

> we had a program "Novell Client Trust" that communicated with
> the Border
> Manager Proxy, supplying it with the logon information we had
> entered when
> logging into SDS2000. Then if this information corresponds to
> what Border
> Manager has in its text file of authorised users (which file
> is built by
> exporting the list of Lotus Notes authorised users), then
> access to the
> Internet is allowed.

AFAIR from the last time I had exposure to Novell's NDS (the Novell
equivalent of Active Directory/NT domains) over 2 years ago, they have
changed to using LDAP as of NDS version 5.

If you are trying to authenticate to a Novell network you should
theoretically be able to use the LDAP authentication helpers.
NOTICE: This e-mail message and attachments may contain confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient you should not use or
disclose any information in the message or attachments. If received in
error, please notify the sender by return email immediately. Comcare
does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.