[squid-users] Doubts regarding squid integration with LDAP

From: Michael Fuller <fullerms@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:40:33 +0530

Hello all,

We have successfully integrated squid with LDAP for authentication and
access control. I am preparing a small write up on the subject for internal
use, and I need a clarification regarding squid + ldap group access
controls.

For LDAP group based access control which of the following does squid do ?

1. Take the user name, and find if he is member of any group, then match
that groups name against any acls
                       OR
2. Take the user name from the login, then try to match it against LDAP
groups in the order defined in squid.conf against external ACLs. If there is
a match, apply relevant access controls.

aaaaaaargh Somebody please explain this to me :-(

Regards,
Michael Fuller