Re: [squid-users] Squid and IIS

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 14:27:57 +0100

This is a generic problem of accelerators doing protocol conversations,
and caused by your IIS server not knowing that even if it accepted the
request via http it is actually a https server in the eye of the user..

Your IIS server thinks it is a http:// server, but your clients is
requesting it as a https:// server.

What happens when you request http://server/directory without the
trailing / is that the server sends back a browser redirect telling the
client to go to http://server/directory/ instead. As the server (i.e.
your IIS server) does not know the user actually requested a https://
URL it will use http:// in this redirect.

Similar problems can also be seen in generated HTML by CGI scripts etc
having links to the same server.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden