Re: [squid-users] httpd_accel option + proxy mode

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 14:54:33 +0100

tis 2003-03-11 klockan 13.02 skrev Victor Jose Hernandez Gomez:
> Hi all,
>
> I want squid to do two functions:
>
> (a) act as a httpd accelerator to serve a set of a slow backend servers
> living in a Intranet (reverse-proxy)
> (b) act as a (not transparent) proxy-cache server for the clients of
> that intranet for domains other than that of those stated on the
> acceleration options,
>
> żIs this possible using an only instance of squid?

Technically possible, but I strongly advice to use two instances of
Squid, one per purpose. Making the correct access controls in single a
Squid serving both purposes is far from trivial, and there is also
technical complications in how users of the proxy-cache function are to
reach the accelerated servers..

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden