RE: [squid-users] Logging of denied sites and setting up acl

From: SSCR Internet Admin <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:01:50 -0800

show your acl config pls.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Hostetler [mailto:whostet@nccvt.k12.de.us]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 7:04 PM
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: [squid-users] Logging of denied sites and setting up acl

I do not see in the acces.log where sites that I block are denied access. I
am especailly trying to avoid that dreaded gator.com which I have set up an
acl to deny but when I check the log it does tell me Miss on the gator
entries but it doesn't tell me that it was denied.

Also when I put a list of domains to deny can that list be 100 names long or
do I need to break it up. We have about 100 sites that we block on our 3Coms
and I would like to cut and paste that list into squid.conf after I put the
names one after another with a space in between.

thanks
Gary

dangerous contents on SSCR Email Scanner Server, and is
believed to be clean.
---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.
---