[squid-users] restrictive proxy forwarding

From: Robert Ainslie <dmi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:07:41 +0200

I have a very large network with an internet connection and an
authenticating squid proxy server. We have an important web
application that is hosted by a 3rd party asp but our internet pipe is
way overutilised which makes the application unusable. (any more
bandwidth we throw at the internet pipe will be snapped up and will
not solve the problem, managment issue.

The solution is to connect directly to the asp. My question is this:
How can I in squid get all requests for a certain domain to be handled
but the local squid box, ie route them down the direct pipe, while all
other requests are handled by the authenticating squid box on the main
internet connection?

The direct connection I think has to happen. If anyone can help with
the above it would be great or suggest other ideas, iptables...?

Thanks
 http://www.webmail.co.za the South-African free email service

  NetWiseGurus.Com Portal - Your Own Internet Business Today!