[squid-users] Local Servers Question

From: Scott Wrosch <swrosch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 08:05:25 -0500

Hello,

I've got my workstations on the 192.168.1.0/24 network. I've got my web
servers on the 10.10.0.0/24 network, which is the DMZ.

Is there a way in Squid (and I may have missed it if there, because I
can't find it) to have it tell the client that the server that it's
trying to request is a local server, and that it shouldn't use the
proxy? Kind of like that little check box in Internet Explorer.

Or, if not, is there a way (whether it be through a batch file or a
server script or something) to set it so that IE is automatically
configured to bypass the proxy for a specific site? I haven't been able
to search as extensively as I'd like to be able to for an answer to
either of the above questions due to a variety of different projects
that I'm working on taking up my time.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Scott Wrosch
desk 248.333.7700 x227
pager 248.806.7657
text 2489315175@mobile.mycingular.com
email swrosch@marketingassociates.com

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling
but in rising every time we fall." -- Confucius