Re: [squid-users] Squid working in a cluster

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:11:09 +0100

First of all: please tell us your real name. I hate replying to
anonymous postings - especially on mailing lists.

> Being new to squid I have been given the task of looking at installing
> Squid on a redhat cluster. Could kind person point me in the way of a
> howto or a FAQ on this subject.

What concrete question do you have? Running Squid on a cluster is not so
different from running it standalone. We use a Foundry hardware load
balancer which distributes TCP-3128 requests to the different cluster
nodes. Every squid node has a list of the other sibling caches.

I'm still stuck with a prefer_direct/never_direct problem but that is
not a special cluster thingy.

 Christoph

--
~