[squid-users] Re: Squid2.5 Performance Issue

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:38:12 +0100

atit_ldce wrote:

> I am using Squid 2.5 stable and i have not any peer cache ....
>
> i am facing one problem with squid..
>
> i have set my cache Disk size 6 GB with 3 GB RAM and dual processe machine.
>
> upto 3 gb disk utilization performance of SQUID is excellent,
> but after that performace goes to degrade and
> when disk utilization reach up to 70
> response time will go out of control and response be vary poor

This is typical symptoms of running out of memory, but can also be
symptoms of having too few harddrives in relation to the request load.
Some standard UNIX system monitoring such as vmstat or sar will tell you
quite quickly where your system bottleneck is.

In any event, these type of questions belong on squid-users, not
squid-dev. Please use the correct mailinglist for your questions in
future.