Re: [squid-users] Transparent Caching

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 08:16:52 +0100

It is not a thing I have done using Squid or any other standard product.

For prototyping of the HTML rewrites I would recommend writing a CGI
program, and have a apache server Apache configured to send all requests
to this CGI program.

For production, either write a small proxy for the purpose, or modify a
existing proxy. If you want to modify Squid then you should be doing
this in Squid-3 as the internals have been reworked a lot to make
content modifications possible there, but for a completely different
purpose. Doing things like this in the Squid-2.X sources is a nightmare
as it assumes the content flows thru the proxy unmodified.